Start building the product your customers really want
Step by step
- Pick your customer segment. Pick one customer segment per profile you want to focus on.
- Draw the Customer Profile template. Draw it on a piece of paper or Magic Chart.
- Fill in the Customer Profile. In rounds, ask the team to write down all Jobs to be Done, Pains and Gains for this customer segment.
- Fact or assumption? Quickly discuss all post-it notes. Is it a fact or an assumption? Make clear to the team something can only be a fact if they are 100% sure. Would you bet your job on it? 😉
- What is your riskiest assumption?Ask the Decider to pick the riskiest assumption. The one that could be a real ‘business killer’. What do we need to validate first? Use this assumption as input for your next experiment.